Come back often and see what I will concoct next.. I like to create new things. I promise not to post anything until I try it first. I like to use fresh ingredients when available so most of this is cooking from scratch. I am of Italian Heritage so there will be a lot of Italian Foods but there are no boundaries when it comes to creating a meal for people you love.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Quick and Easy Escarole and Beans

Ingredients:
2-3 Tbsp. Olive oil
3 – 4 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 Head escarole, approximately 1 Lb., washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 14 oz. cans cannellini, drained and rinsed
1 C Chicken Stock
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan
Cook:
Heat a pot over medium-high heat
Cover the bottom of a soup pot with olive oil
Add garlic and sauté till lightly browned.
Add the escarole and stir to coat with the oil.
Toss in red pepper flakes and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the escarole begins to wilt.
Stir in the beans. Lower the heat, add up to a cup of chicken Stock (more if you prefer it soupier)
Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for five to ten minutes.
Serve with a crusty Italian Bread

1 comment:

  1. My dad used to, and now my brother makes this & adds a touch of meat, just as Artie adds Italian sausage to the escarole and beans sometimes. My brother (Jim) makes Italian style meatballs (ground round, grated onions & garlic, eggs, S&P, some grated parmesan, a shake of breadcrumbs & a good portion of cooked rice) and adds them to the escarole, simmering them until they're cooked. So if you want some meat with your meal, it's a perfect addition! Don't forget to sop it all up with some GOOD, crusty Italian bread!!

    ReplyDelete