Come back often and see what I will concoct next.. I like to create new things. I promise not to post anything until I try it first. I like to use fresh ingredients when available so most of this is cooking from scratch. I am of Italian Heritage so there will be a lot of Italian Foods but there are no boundaries when it comes to creating a meal for people you love.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Pasta and Broccoli

Ingredients
1 LB Pasta. You can use any pasta you like. Shells seem to be the most commonly used.
1 Lb Bag Frozen Broccoli Florettes (Fresh is great but for this dish and the sake of simplicity I like frozen.)
1/2 C Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic Chopped or if you prefer, sliced thin.

In your pasta pot cook pasta to directions on pkg.
In a saucepan cook Broccoli per directions on pkg.

Aglio Olio (Garlic and Oil)
Two minutes before pasta is to come out of the pot lightly brown garlic in a skillet.
(Do not let garlic get too brown, go for lightly golden.)


Drain pasta and Drain Broccoli
Place both in large bowl
Cover with aglio olio and toss well.
Sprinkle with some Parmesan and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Love this one Artie and, I did my own variation second time around. Sauteed 1 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breast, cut up into bite size pieces in olive oil and garlic. Then added the fresh Broccoli to it along with a half a cup of white wine and one half to one can of chicken broth. simmered till broccoli was tender and mixed all together with the pasta. sprinkled with parmesan or romano. Seemed to be pretty darn good

    ReplyDelete