Come back often and see what I will concoct next.. I like to create new things. I promise not to post anything until I try it first. I like to use fresh ingredients when available so most of this is cooking from scratch. I am of Italian Heritage so there will be a lot of Italian Foods but there are no boundaries when it comes to creating a meal for people you love.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Biscuits with Bacon Gravy

1 batch of biscuits (Home made, Made from a mix, baked from a tube. as long as you like them that's all that matters.)

1/2 Lb Bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
1 C Water
1 tsp Chicken soup base or 1 bouillon cube
1 C Heavy Cream
1 to 2 Tbsp Flour
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Bake Biscuits according to directions and time them to be done before gravy is.
Cook Bacon over low to medium heat till cooked but not too crispy.
Add water and cook over medium heat till boiling
Add Bouillon and stir till dissolved
Stir in cream and bring back a slight boil
Add flour one Tbsp at a time and dissolve with a fork then mix it with entire mixture until desired consistency
Sprinkle with Black Pepper

Serve over open face biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment