Come back often and see what I will concoct next.. I like to create new things. I promise not to post anything until I try it first. I like to use fresh ingredients when available so most of this is cooking from scratch. I am of Italian Heritage so there will be a lot of Italian Foods but there are no boundaries when it comes to creating a meal for people you love.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Pesto

4 C Fresh Basil
6 Cloves Garlic
2 Tbsp Pine Nuts , Toasted
(You can toast pine nuts in an ungreased cast iron skillet just till slightly browned)
1/2 C fresh grated parmesan
1/4 cup olive oil

In a food processor, place garlic and basil, turn on processor till well mixed
Add Pine nuts and turn on processor till mixed
Add parmesan and turn on processor till all is mixed evenly
Remove basil mixture from processor and place in bowl
Pour Oil over basil mixture and stir with fork so basil absorbs oil.

Serve over al dente pasta.
Pesto can be saved in refrigerator for days it may change to a darker color but flavor will be true

No comments:

Post a Comment